I asked on my Instagram stories today what you guys wanted to see blog posts about, and one of the responses was “healthy lunch ideas other than salads”. I LOVE this request, because I think lunch is the hardest meal to plan for! Most days you have to pack it ahead of time for work, and lezbehonest, salads every single day can get super boring. And we’re not into boring. So what else could you eat??I have pulled together a couple of ideas that I will list here, but I also created a Pinterest board full of ideas!
My Go-To Lunches
If we have leftovers from dinner, I will typically eat that for lunch to keep things easy and so I can get on with my day. If we don’t have leftovers these are some of my go-to lunch ideas:
- Hummus, veggies, pita bread, a hunk of cheese and some fruit. Basicallyyy a big kid’s snack plate. I’ll usually dip red bell peppers, cucumber and tomatoes into hummus along with pita. And the cheese I will have either by itself or with some crackers.
- Yogurt parfait with Greek yogurt, berries, granola and a drizzle of honey
- SOUP! I looove having soup for lunch, especially if it is cold outside. It’s like a big hug in the middle of the day. It’s a good way to get in a bunch of veggies and some protein for lunch. I have some soup recipes here and here and more in the works! Make it at the beginning of the week, and you can have it for a few lunches and maybe even a diner if things get busy and you need something on hand!
- Tuna salad- your co-workers may not be as thrilled about this as you may be, but I love a good tuna salad sandwich for lunch. Either in a pita or on whole grain bread, with tomato and lettuce, mmmmmmm yummy.
- Quinoa salad topped with grilled chicken. This is something that is super easy to batch make at the beginning of the week to pack for lunches.
- Eggs and veggies- 2 fried eggs with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes cooked in a frying pan and topped off with salsa and cheese is a DELISH lunch!
- Veggie burger- either on a bun, in a lettuce wrap, or on its own, I love a good veggie burger topped with cheese, avocado, onion, lettuce and tomato for lunch! I have a bunch of veggie burger recipes here, here and here.
There you have it- 7 lunch ideas to get you through the week! Also be sure to check out Pinterest for more ideas! And if you’re not doing so already, be sure to follow me on there for lots of good recipe pins 🙂