I have really not been into chicken lately. It just hadn’t been tasting good to me…UNTIL I MADE THIS HERB BUTTER RECIPE!
You guys, I am not being dramatic when I tell you this is herb butter chicken is quite possibly my favorite chicken I have ever had. It has so much flavor, different textures, is so moist and literally everything you could want in a chicken.
Please please please do not let the “whole chicken” scare you off from this recipe. I have two options for you if you aren’t into buying a whole chicken:
- Face your fears and fabricate (aka cut up) a whole chicken after watching this video. (PS I tried filming one for you guys and this video is just way more concise and gets the job done.) When you buy the whole chicken instead of buying chicken pieces that are already cut up for you, you are cutting out a step that someone else has to do for you AKA saving yourself money! After learning how to cut up chickens in class, I never ever buy anything other than the whole chicken.
- If you just really don’t want to even after watching that video, then go ahead and buy the pre-cut chicken meat. But definitely buy some wings, some thighs and some legs. The bone in action helps with the tenderness and moistness. AND IS SO GOOD.
I mentioned this on my stories the other day-
But in case you missed it, to turn this into a meal after cooking the chicken, I took the chicken out of the pan (but left the fond aka the yummy bits of deliciousness on the bottom of the pan from the herb butter) and tossed an entire bunch of asparagus in that stuff. I then put it back in the oven and cooked it for about 20 more minutes, or until the asparagus were cooked, served it with the chicken and some bread or a salad and BAM you have yourself a super delicious meal! If you have some of that herb butter left over, either save it or use it for the bread you serve with the chicken.
I swear you’re all going to love me after you cook this meal.
Thanks for reading, as always!!
This herb butter chicken is an easy and delicious meal that the whole family will love!
Herb Butter Chicken
- 1 tsp clarified butter
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 c unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tsp oregano (fresh, minced)
- 1 tsp basil (fresh, minced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 slices Italian Bread
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
To prepare the herb butter: In a small mixing bowl, combined softened butter, oregano, basil and garlic and stir together until well combined.
To prepare the bread crumbs: Place 2 slices of Italian bread in a food processor and blend until they are crumb sized pieces. Place crumbs on a baking sheet and toast until they are golden brown. Stir in paprika, salt and pepper.
To prepare the chicken: Fabricate the whole chicken into 8 pieces. Pat dry with paper towels. Spread 1 tsp of herb butter on each piece of chicken (on the skin side). Dip in bread crumbs, being sure to cover the top and the bottom of the chicken.
To cook the chicken: In a cast iron skillet, melt the clarified butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and place the chicken on the skillet. Place in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
If using dried herbs instead of fresh, use half of the amount, as dried herbs are more powerful than fresh.
If not using a whole chicken, be sure to purchase bone in chicken pieces.
Keywords: herb butter, butter, chicken, dinner, recipe